19 Jul 2018, Edition - 1101, Thursday
- Encounter rages on in Handwara, J&K; Gunfight breaks out in the Batpora area. Terrorists believed to be holed up
- AAP issues whip, asks its MPs to vote in favour of no confidence motion in the Parliament
- Students of Banaras Hindu University hold unique protest after Congress raised the question of accountability
- RBI to issue new 100 rupee note in lavender colour
- DMK Working President MK Stalin urges opposition parties to unite on the ‘no-trust’ vote
- Shiv Sena to abstain from the trust vote in the ‘no-confidence’ motion
- YSR Congress protests at Parliament premises, demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh
- Rahul Gandhi politicises mob lynchings, warns of ‘sinister design’ before 2019 General Elections
- 7 naxals, including 3 women, killed in an encounter with security forces in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh
- PM Modi interacts with the beneficiaries of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana & Saubhagya Yojana
Traffic disrupted as tree falls on road near Gudalur
Covai Post Network
July 14, 2018
Coimbatore: Traffic was hit on the Ooty-Gudalur Road near Gudalur for more than an hour on Saturday morning after a huge tree fell on the road.
Following the continuous downpour in the Ooty region since the last few weeks, there have been several incidents of tree-fall on the road. Fortunately, the tree did not fell on any vehicle. However, vehicle movement along Ooty-Gudalur road was halted for more than an hour.
Fire and rescue officials rushed to the spot and cut and removed the tree to restore traffic.