23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
TWAD Board lunches mobile van to attend to water-related problems
Covai Post Network
November 7, 2017
Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board (TWAD) on Tuesday launched a mobile van to attend to various water-related problems such as leakages and blocks across the district.
The van, flagged off by District Collector T.N. Hariharan, has necessary equipment to set right breakage in water pipelines and also blocks in drainage in the aftermath of heavy rains.
The van would move across the district and help to provide uninterrupted drinking water supply, by attending to the problems, besides plugging the leakage, Hariharan said during the launch.
It would also create awareness among the public, particularly in rural areas about water-borne diseases and also dengue.