21 Mar 2018, Edition - 981, Wednesday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
TWAD Board lunches mobile van to attend to water-related problems
Covai Post Network
November 7, 2017
Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board (TWAD) on Tuesday launched a mobile van to attend to various water-related problems such as leakages and blocks across the district.
The van, flagged off by District Collector T.N. Hariharan, has necessary equipment to set right breakage in water pipelines and also blocks in drainage in the aftermath of heavy rains.
The van would move across the district and help to provide uninterrupted drinking water supply, by attending to the problems, besides plugging the leakage, Hariharan said during the launch.
It would also create awareness among the public, particularly in rural areas about water-borne diseases and also dengue.