25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
TWAD Board lunches mobile van to attend to water-related problems
Covai Post Network
November 7, 2017
Tamil Nadu Water Supply and Drainage Board (TWAD) on Tuesday launched a mobile van to attend to various water-related problems such as leakages and blocks across the district.
The van, flagged off by District Collector T.N. Hariharan, has necessary equipment to set right breakage in water pipelines and also blocks in drainage in the aftermath of heavy rains.
The van would move across the district and help to provide uninterrupted drinking water supply, by attending to the problems, besides plugging the leakage, Hariharan said during the launch.
It would also create awareness among the public, particularly in rural areas about water-borne diseases and also dengue.