17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
Ukkadam Lake Bund Road becomes ‘No Vehicle Zone’
Covai Post Network
September 11, 2016
Walkers, joggers and cyclists on the Ukkadam Lake Bund Road can now exercise in peace without having to inhale fuel emission smokes, thanks to the Coimbatore Corporation, which has declared the entire stretch a ‘No Vehicle Zone’ between 5.00 am and 8.00 am.
The initiative was flagged off by Corporation Commission K. Vijayakarthikeyan on Sunday morning. The Commissioner himself was seen enjoying a ride on a line scooter with his son. Many other cyclists, joggers and walkers were also seen using the road without disturbances of motor vehicles.
Talking about the initiative, a senior official from the Corporation said that it was made to create pollution-free environment for walkers and cyclists. The official also added it would reduce pollution level around the lake.
The road shall henceforth be open for two-wheelers only from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm to reduce traffic on the Ukkadam and Aathupalam roads.