23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
University staff on one-day hunger strike
Covai Post Network
August 26, 2015
About 200 staff, majority of them non-teaching staff, of Bharathiar University here, today observed one day hunger strike, seeking a detailed probe into the alleged irregularities and corruption in appointments.
The staff were engaged in a sit-in dharna for the last two days inside the campus demanding an inquiry into the corruption charges against the administration in appointments to various posts, police said.
Even as University Vice-Chancellor, G. James Pitchai promised to look into the issue and appoint a committee, a team, consisting of Senate Members was formed, to inquire into the charges, police said.