17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Vidhya Niketan School celebrates silver jubilee
Covai Post Network
November 30, 2017
Vidhya Niketan Public School celebrated its silver jubilee yesterday on the school premises at Puliakulam.
Students, staff and parents took part in the celebrations which had the presentation of three English plays under a banyan tree. The ‘Eyes on the peacock’s tail’ was performed by students from Class I to V and ‘Living or Dead?’ by students from class VI to IX. Senior students presented the play ‘Hiss, don’t bite’. Titled `Katha, the plays were directed by Jaimini Pathak from ‘Working Title’, a Mumbai-based theatre group.
Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Vidyalaya institutions Managing Trustee Dhanalakshmi Jayachandran was the chief guest of the event. Kumaraguru College of Technology Joint Correspondent Shankar Vanavarayar and Inspector of Matriculation Schools R Geetha were also present during the celebrations.