• Download mobile app
24 Jan 2022, Edition - 2386, Monday

Trending Now

  • Kangana Ranaut had earlier approached the HC seeking that the FIR registered against her to be quashed.
  • Ghana to fine airlines $3,500 for unvaccinated passengers
  • Governor Arif Mohammed Khan junks Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan’s claims on VC postings
  • PM calls for free & open Indo-Pacific

Coimbatore

Woman dies of burn injuries in kitchen accident

Covai Post Network

Share

In a freak incident, a woman died of burns after her sari caught fire, while she was cooking in her house in Thondamuthur, on the outskirts of Coimbatore.

35-year-old Shanti was preparing food last night on a kerosene stove when her sari suddenly caught fire. The fire soon spread all over.

Hearing her screams, some in the neighbourhood rushed to help her, and admitted her to the nearby Government Hospital. But Shanti died today, without responding to treatment.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

COIMBATORE WEATHER