23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Woman injured as miscreants hurl iron rod at train
Covai Post Network
November 2, 2017
A woman was injured when miscreants threw an iron rod at a train near Peelamedu crossing in the wee hours of Thursday.
According to police, Chinnammal (80), wife of Thangavel, boarded an early morning train from Tiruchi to Palakkad.
When the train neared Peelamedu crossing, unidentified miscreants threw a rod at it which hit Chinnammal. She was rushed to the Government Hospital.
In another incident, miscreants hurled stones at the Ernakulam-Yeswanthpur Express on Wednesday last night when it was passing through Coimbatore North station.
Police are investigating both the cases.
Wind : 0.8 km/h
Humidity : 93%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr