17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Youngsters take ‘Thrive’ to tribal village near Pillur dam
Covai Post Network
December 26, 2017
Young members of Rotaract Club of Sai Baba Colony visited a tribal village near Pillur dam recently and conducted awareness on sanitation under the `Thrive’ campaign. The youngsters also distributed basic necessities in the village and conducted general health camp.
Youngster visited tribal village Thoondai in Nellithurai and Sundapatti Reserve Forest on Saturday where Rotractors also distributed materials like clothes, cricket bats and balls, footballs, skipping ropes, rings, pencil box sets, sanitary napkins and LED bulbs. They also conducted a general health camp for the villagers and played with the children in the village.
Rotractor Sowbaghya said the team would continue with ‘Thrive’ projects in other villages in future.