23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Defense Minister Nirmala Sitaraman visits cyclone hit areas, evaluates ground situation
Covai Post Network
December 3, 2017
Kochi: Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitaraman on Sunday arrived at Thiruvananthapuram to visit the cyclone hit areas and evaluate the situation in the state.
She held discussions with District Collector and rescue agency heads including Indian Navy, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard and others. She will visit Kanyakumari to take stock of the situation there.
She will return to Thiruvananthapuram on Monday. Nirmala is scheduled to visit Poonthura and Vizhinjam on Monday.
Earlier, she arrived at about 4.30 pm at Thiruvananthapuram. She was received by Union Minister Alfons Kannanthanam, State Ministers Kadakampallly Surendran, Mercykuttyamma.