Business Wire India
Hiring activities in July 2018 saw an uptick with a 16% increase in talent demand, making July the best month for recruitment as compared to last six months of 2018, as revealed by TimesJobs RecruiteX
– a monthly report.
The RecruiteX August report observes that demand for talent in the BPO industry topped the chart reporting 14% growth in demand for talent in July 2018. Similar growth was also witnessed in sectors such as IT/Telecom, Healthcare, Petrochemicals/Oil and Gas/Power and the Manufacturing industry where hiring numbers showed growth in July 2018 over the preceding month. Demand for Petrochemicals/Oil and Gas/ Power professionals posted 13% hike in month-on-month comparison.
Chennai recorded the highest demand for talent among other key locations in India. Tier II cities like Indore too performed well in July 2018 when compared with June 2018. Mumbai, which registered a low demand in hiring last month, witnessed a rise of 12% in talent demand. Among Indian states, Assam posted the highest rise in demand for talent.
Among the experience levels, most jobs were available during the month for candidates with an experience of 10-20 years. Hiring sentiment gained maximum momentum for professionals with experience of 5-10 years.
“In July 2018, the hiring numbers rose by 16% in the Indian job market after recording subdued growth in the first six months of 2018. In fact, the last major spike in hiring was noticed in April 2017, but the numbers were subtle as compared to July 2018. The bulk of talent demand came from Manufacturing, Petrochemicals, Oil and Gas, Power and BFSI sectors. Going by the trends from RecruiteX editions from previous years and a good sense of the job market we expect hiring activity to sustain the same growth in the coming months too,” said Ramathreya Krishnamurthy, Business Head, TimesJobs and TechGig.
Top hiring industries
- BPO industry registered 18% rise in hiring
- Project and Infrastructure sector posted 16% rise in talent demand
- Petrochemicals/ Oil and Gas/ Power sector saw 13% rise in talent demand
Top hiring cities
Top job roles
- Among top ten locations, Chennai reported more than 30% rise in demand
- Chandigarh posted 40% rise in talent demand
- Indore saw 36% rise in talent demand during the month
- HR professionals reported 28% rise in demand
- Engineering profiles saw a 24% rise in demand
- Customer Service/Tele-calling professionals witnessed 24% rise in demand