25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
Actor MP Suresh Gopi arrested; released on bail
Covai Post Network
January 15, 2018
Kochi: Actor Suresh Gopi, MP, was arrested today for tax evasion showing fake address in Puducherry for registering his luxury vehicles.
Later, he was released on bail after paying a bond of Rs 1 lakh and personal surety. Actor Amala Paul was also questioned by the Crime branch at Thiruvananthapuram in a similar case.
The case registered against Amala is non bailable.
A few days back actor Fahadh Faasil was also arrested and released on bail as he had secured an anticipatory bail in tax evasion case.