25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Actress assault case: Dileep complaint should be probed, says court
Covai Post Network
January 17, 2018
KOCHI: The Angamali Magistrate Court has directed the police to probe the charges levelled by actor Dileep that details of the chargesheet in the actress assault case were leaked deliberately by the cops.
The actor had moved the court accusing the police of leaking the chargesheet to the media. He is the eighth accused in the case.
Dileep also challenged the authenticity of the video clip that allegedly contains visuals of the sexual assault on the actress in a moving car February 17 last year. He moved the court after his lawyer examined the images in the presence of the magistrate. The court posted to January 22 Dileep’s plea seeking access to the visuals.
The Special Investigation Team had alleged that Dileep had hired goons to abduct and assault the actress and videotape the incident. Dileep was arrested on July 10 and was granted bail on October 3.