17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
All inter-religious marriages not `Love Jihad’, says Kerala HC
Covai Post Network
October 19, 2017
Kochi: Kerala High Court has said that there are attempts in the State to portray inter-religious marriages as ‘Love Jihad’.
The court made the remarks while passing its verdict ratifying the marriage of Sruthi and Anees Mohammad of Kannur. A trend is on describe the sacred love as ‘Love Jihad’ and engage in acts like ‘ghar wapasi’. The court said the police should take action against institutions engaged in religion conversion as also re-conversion.
Inter-religious marriages should be encouraged to promote communal harmony, it observed.