23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
All inter-religious marriages not `Love Jihad’, says Kerala HC
Covai Post Network
October 19, 2017
Kochi: Kerala High Court has said that there are attempts in the State to portray inter-religious marriages as ‘Love Jihad’.
The court made the remarks while passing its verdict ratifying the marriage of Sruthi and Anees Mohammad of Kannur. A trend is on describe the sacred love as ‘Love Jihad’ and engage in acts like ‘ghar wapasi’. The court said the police should take action against institutions engaged in religion conversion as also re-conversion.
Inter-religious marriages should be encouraged to promote communal harmony, it observed.