20 Jul 2018, Edition - 1102, Friday
- Crimes against women increasing, women no more safe in India, says Cong President Rahul Gandhi
- 40 people gang-raped a 22-year-old girl for four days in a government guest house in Panchkula
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi, Mallikarjun Kharge and Jyotiraditya Scindia to be speakers for Congress
- TRS decides to criticise the government, to stage walk-out
- AIADMK to support the government in Lok Sabha today
- PM Modi meets top ministers in the parliament
- BJP President Amit Shah arrives at the parliament
All inter-religious marriages not `Love Jihad’, says Kerala HC
Covai Post Network
October 19, 2017
Kochi: Kerala High Court has said that there are attempts in the State to portray inter-religious marriages as ‘Love Jihad’.
The court made the remarks while passing its verdict ratifying the marriage of Sruthi and Anees Mohammad of Kannur. A trend is on describe the sacred love as ‘Love Jihad’ and engage in acts like ‘ghar wapasi’. The court said the police should take action against institutions engaged in religion conversion as also re-conversion.
Inter-religious marriages should be encouraged to promote communal harmony, it observed.