- Download mobile app
- Gold, Silver Prices Plunge Today On Muted Demand
- The way it is coming to light that BJP is losing ground in Gujarat, many BJP leaders have lost their mental balance. Many leaders would require psychiatric treatment after polls are over: Anand Sharma
- Third Test, Day 5: At Tea, Sri Lanka are at 226/5, need 184 runs to win.
- #BabriMasjid demolition and its aftermath: @ananya116 writes about the handful of films from Bollywood in 25 years.
- Reserve Bank of India keeps repo rate unchanged at 6%
All inter-religious marriages not `Love Jihad’, says Kerala HC
Covai Post Network
October 19, 2017
Kochi: Kerala High Court has said that there are attempts in the State to portray inter-religious marriages as ‘Love Jihad’.
The court made the remarks while passing its verdict ratifying the marriage of Sruthi and Anees Mohammad of Kannur. A trend is on describe the sacred love as ‘Love Jihad’ and engage in acts like ‘ghar wapasi’. The court said the police should take action against institutions engaged in religion conversion as also re-conversion.
Inter-religious marriages should be encouraged to promote communal harmony, it observed.