22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Court order for case against legislator PC George for derogatory remarks
Covai Post Network
October 13, 2017
Image credit : illustrative image
Kottayam: A court in Kozhikkode has directed the police to register a case against controversial Kerala legislator PC George for making derogatory remarks against the victim in the actor-abduction case.
An individual Girish Babu had moved the court after the police refused to register complaint.George had taken the name of the actor and made objectionable remarks during a TV discussion. The victim had also lodged a complaint against George with the Chief Minister.