25 Sep 2018, Edition - 1169, Tuesday
- Another big SC verdict tomorrow: Top court to decide if court proceedings should be live streamed
- SC’s Aadhaar judgement tomorrow
- PM Modi unable to answer our questions, says Congress President Rahul Gandhi
- NC accepts Junaid Mattu’s resignation
- National Conference spokesperson Junaid Azim Mattu resigns from party to contest civic polls from Srinagar
- ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ is not only an electoral phrase. It is our way, says PM Modi
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: FIR filed against Missionaries of Jesus for revealing the identity of the victim
- BJP President Amit Shah addresses mega-rally in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Court directs issue of notice in 19 year old murder case against UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- The country won’t be distracted by Rahul Gandhi’s shameless lie: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Law Minister
Bribery charges against BSF commandant : Court directs CBI to file probe report
Covai Post Network
April 9, 2018
KOCHI: The CBI court in Thiruvananthapuram directed the investigative agency to file a probe report on BSF commandant Jibu D Mathew’s links with cross border smugglers. Chiding the CBI for sitting on the probe, the court asked whether the agency was facilitating Jibu to get bail in the case.
The case relates to the seizure of Rs 50 lakh from Jibu while he was getting down from Shalimar Express by CBI sleuths on January 30 at Alappuzha.
The court made the observations while hearing argument on a bail plea of the second accused, Mohammad Imamul Haq (Bishu Sheikh), who had allegedly paid the money to Jibu.
Counsel for CBI said that the investigation team was collecting details in Bengal in connection with the case. “It is not possible to divulge the details as it involved safety and security of the country,” the counsel argued.
Bishu was arrested in Kolkata on March 2.