23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
CBI intensifies probe into Rs2-cr worth Cochin Shipyard missing steel
Covai Post Network
October 14, 2017
Kochi: The Central Bureau of Investigation has intensified its probe into Rs 2 crore worth of steel missing from public sector unit Cochin Shipyard Ltd.
CBI had filed FIR against CSL materials wing additional general manager Ajit Kumar and scrap dealer Mohammad Ali the other day.
They have been charged with taking out the steel along with scrap iron. CBI sources said about 321 loads of steel were missing, while records showed the value at Rs 1.5 lakh.
More officials are believed to be involved in the crime, the sources said.
The CBI has collected bank details of some officials and is looking into whether steel was stolen on earlier occasions.