22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
CBI intensifies probe into Rs2-cr worth Cochin Shipyard missing steel
Covai Post Network
October 14, 2017
Kochi: The Central Bureau of Investigation has intensified its probe into Rs 2 crore worth of steel missing from public sector unit Cochin Shipyard Ltd.
CBI had filed FIR against CSL materials wing additional general manager Ajit Kumar and scrap dealer Mohammad Ali the other day.
They have been charged with taking out the steel along with scrap iron. CBI sources said about 321 loads of steel were missing, while records showed the value at Rs 1.5 lakh.
More officials are believed to be involved in the crime, the sources said.
The CBI has collected bank details of some officials and is looking into whether steel was stolen on earlier occasions.