16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
CBI intensifies probe into Rs2-cr worth Cochin Shipyard missing steel
Covai Post Network
October 14, 2017
Kochi: The Central Bureau of Investigation has intensified its probe into Rs 2 crore worth of steel missing from public sector unit Cochin Shipyard Ltd.
CBI had filed FIR against CSL materials wing additional general manager Ajit Kumar and scrap dealer Mohammad Ali the other day.
They have been charged with taking out the steel along with scrap iron. CBI sources said about 321 loads of steel were missing, while records showed the value at Rs 1.5 lakh.
More officials are believed to be involved in the crime, the sources said.
The CBI has collected bank details of some officials and is looking into whether steel was stolen on earlier occasions.