21 Feb 2018, Edition - 953, Wednesday
- Actor Kamal Haasan launches new political party “Makkal Needhi Maiyam”
- Major Political entry Actor kamalhaasan will be announcing his political party a short while from now.
- Karnataka Congress MLA Byrathi Basavaraj’s aides slap traffic policeman
- SC sends message to fringe, stay on FIR against Priya Varrier.
- Former Pakistan cricketer’s son commits suicide over non-selection in U-19 team
- Cost effective ISRO: India’s Chandrayaan-2 said to be cheaper than Hollywood’s Interstellar
- State government denied permission to Kamal Haasan to visit A. P. J. Abdul Kalam school
- Big development in PNB fraud case, CBI arrests PNB’s Rajesh Jindal.
- Adviser to Delhi CM, VK Jain detained by Delhi Police
CBI suspects BSF commandant to be part of major smuggling racket
Covai Post Network
February 14, 2018
Kochi: BSF commandant Jibu T Mathew of Patthanamthitta in Kerala is believed to be part of a global smuggling gang, CBI has said.
The Central agency is to frame international smuggler Bishu Sheikh in the case in which Mathew has been indicted.
Mathew was apprehended recently with about Rs 45 lakh received from a smuggling network headed by Sheikh operating mainly in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
CBI is also looking at whether Jibu was involved in smuggling currency from across the border.CBI suspects that Sheikh had supplied the money it recovered.