18 Jul 2018, Edition - 1100, Wednesday
- Sealing, demolition of unauthorized constructions in Delhi will not stop: Supreme Court
- JUST IN: Lok Sabha speaker accepts Congress’ no-confidence motion against BJP govt
- TDP MPs raise ‘ we want justice’ slogans in the house
- Another person has been arrested by Kerala Police in connection SFI activist Abhimanyu murder case
- U.P: Under construction building in Greater Noida’s Shahberi village collapses, 3 dead.
- Tharoor made the statement while addressing a party event in Thiruvananthapuram
CBI suspects BSF commandant to be part of major smuggling racket
Covai Post Network
February 14, 2018
Kochi: BSF commandant Jibu T Mathew of Patthanamthitta in Kerala is believed to be part of a global smuggling gang, CBI has said.
The Central agency is to frame international smuggler Bishu Sheikh in the case in which Mathew has been indicted.
Mathew was apprehended recently with about Rs 45 lakh received from a smuggling network headed by Sheikh operating mainly in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
CBI is also looking at whether Jibu was involved in smuggling currency from across the border.CBI suspects that Sheikh had supplied the money it recovered.