20 Apr 2018, Edition - 1011, Friday
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
- Unnao BJP MLA’s security withdrawn, Kuldeep Sengar’s security revoked, CBI continues to grill Sengar
- Crucial hearing in Purohit case, SC to hear Lt Col Purohit’s plea, plea seeking quashing of UAPA, Purohit wants terrorist tag dropped
- Class 10th students would get an extra 2 marks for the misprint in the CBSE Class 10th English Question Paper.
CBI suspects BSF commandant to be part of major smuggling racket
Covai Post Network
February 14, 2018
Kochi: BSF commandant Jibu T Mathew of Patthanamthitta in Kerala is believed to be part of a global smuggling gang, CBI has said.
The Central agency is to frame international smuggler Bishu Sheikh in the case in which Mathew has been indicted.
Mathew was apprehended recently with about Rs 45 lakh received from a smuggling network headed by Sheikh operating mainly in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
CBI is also looking at whether Jibu was involved in smuggling currency from across the border.CBI suspects that Sheikh had supplied the money it recovered.