20 Apr 2018, Edition - 1011, Friday
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
- Unnao BJP MLA’s security withdrawn, Kuldeep Sengar’s security revoked, CBI continues to grill Sengar
- Crucial hearing in Purohit case, SC to hear Lt Col Purohit’s plea, plea seeking quashing of UAPA, Purohit wants terrorist tag dropped
- Class 10th students would get an extra 2 marks for the misprint in the CBSE Class 10th English Question Paper.
Chargesheet served on Kerala suspended IMG chief
Covai Post Network
February 5, 2018
Kochi: The Kerala Government has served chargesheet on suspended IMG chief Jacob Thomas for criticising the government.
Chief Secretary Paul Antony gave the chargesheet to former vigilance chief Thomas for his alleged remarks that the law and order situation in the State was in shambles.
The Government said the remarks made by Thomas were so grave that they did not deserve mercy.
The chargesheet accused Thomas of saying that Article 365 should be invoked to impose President’s rule while delivering a talk at the Press Club in Thiruvananthapuram in December. Thomas was removed as chief of vigilance and made head of Institute of Management in Government (IMG) after he went after the blood of top officials, including the Chief Secretary in corruption cases.