21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
- JUST IN: RS Chair studying impeachment notice to consult with legal luminaries: Sources
- A senior BJP leader from Tamil Nadu has apologised for his Facebook comments on journalists
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
Country passing through serious socio political situation: VS Achuthanandan
Covai Post Network
February 22, 2018
Kochi: Nonagenarian CPM founding leader VS Achuthandan today said that the country was passing through a serious socio political situation.
Neo liberal policies and inclinations towards fascism are posing threat to the very foundation of the country, Kerala Administrative Reforms Commission chairman said after hoisting the party flag during the CPM state conference at Thrissur.
Only left and secular institutions could counter these threats and it was necessary to proliferate and strengthen them, he said.
This was an apparent blow to his bete noire and chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan and a pat on the back of party chief Sitaram Yechury’s stand to tie up with the Congress to fight BJP.
Pinarayi and his supporters are against the stand of Yechury.