21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
- JUST IN: RS Chair studying impeachment notice to consult with legal luminaries: Sources
- A senior BJP leader from Tamil Nadu has apologised for his Facebook comments on journalists
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
Court quashes Alappuzha Collector’s notice against Thomas Chandy
Covai Post Network
March 2, 2018
KOCHI: The Kerala High Court on Friday quashed the two notices issued by Alappuzha District Collector T.V. Anupama against former Minister Thomas Chandy in connection with the land encroachment case.
The court criticised the Collector for issuing the notice with wrong survey number.
The court criticised that it was a gravely irresponsible approach from the part of the collector in this issue. “It is very clear that the Collector has issued the notice without even verifying the basic land documents. With his, she has proved that she is not efficient to perform her duties as Collector,” the bench said.
The Collector had made it clear through a report submitted in the court that she had issued the notice with incorrect survey number. The notice was issued referring to a land that was not under the ownership of Thomas Chandy.
Later, another notice was issued in which again the survey number was found to be wrong.