22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Defrocked vicar in Kerala facing rape charge surrenders
Covai Post Network
February 16, 2018
Kottayam: A rape accused Catholic vicar Thomas Thaaninilkum Thadathil today surrendered before a court in Vaikom near here.
Thomas, who was stripped of all his positions in the church, had gone underground after a 42-year-old woman from Bangladesh accused him of raping her and looting her jewellery. Thomas, who was vicar of St Mathews Church, Perumthuruthu, Kallara in Kottayam, befriended the woman through social media and pestered her to visit Kerala, police said.
Kaduthuruthy police registered a case against Thomas based on the woman’s complaint. She was shifted to a women’s hostel.