21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
- JUST IN: RS Chair studying impeachment notice to consult with legal luminaries: Sources
- A senior BJP leader from Tamil Nadu has apologised for his Facebook comments on journalists
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
Defrocked vicar in Kerala facing rape charge surrenders
Covai Post Network
February 16, 2018
Kottayam: A rape accused Catholic vicar Thomas Thaaninilkum Thadathil today surrendered before a court in Vaikom near here.
Thomas, who was stripped of all his positions in the church, had gone underground after a 42-year-old woman from Bangladesh accused him of raping her and looting her jewellery. Thomas, who was vicar of St Mathews Church, Perumthuruthu, Kallara in Kottayam, befriended the woman through social media and pestered her to visit Kerala, police said.
Kaduthuruthy police registered a case against Thomas based on the woman’s complaint. She was shifted to a women’s hostel.