23 Jul 2018, Edition - 1105, Monday
- Hindu Mahasabha demands establishment of Hindu rashtra in India
- MHA seeks report from Rajasthan govt on Alwar lynching
- UPDATE: Interim relief for former FM P. Chidambaram, protection from arrest till 7 August. CBI to file detailed reply in two weeks
- Black Money Case: Court asks Chidambarams to appear before it on July 30
- After Cong, Aam Aadmi party raises questions about Rafale deal, asks why’s there a delay in delivery of the jets
- Two people killed in the collapse of a 100-year-old building in Sealdah
- Former J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti’s uncle said he was stepping down from the post in the larger interests of the party
- BREAKING: Rajya Sabha has been adjourned till 12 noon
- Rajya Sabha chairman Venkaiah Naidu has issued a warning to parliamentarians on coming late to the house
- The Supreme Court says that there cannot be any “blanket ban” on holding protests at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar and Boat Club
Defrocked vicar in Kerala facing rape charge surrenders
Covai Post Network
February 16, 2018
Kottayam: A rape accused Catholic vicar Thomas Thaaninilkum Thadathil today surrendered before a court in Vaikom near here.
Thomas, who was stripped of all his positions in the church, had gone underground after a 42-year-old woman from Bangladesh accused him of raping her and looting her jewellery. Thomas, who was vicar of St Mathews Church, Perumthuruthu, Kallara in Kottayam, befriended the woman through social media and pestered her to visit Kerala, police said.
Kaduthuruthy police registered a case against Thomas based on the woman’s complaint. She was shifted to a women’s hostel.