16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
DGP investigating Solar scam takes responsibility of any lapse in probe
Covai Post Network
October 18, 2017
Kottayam: The controversial Solar case investigation team head DGP A Hemachandran has shot out a letter to government owning up the responsibility of any lapses in the probe.
The letter was delivered to Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Subroto Biswas through a special representative. The letter was presented to the DGP Loknath Behera by Hemachandran personally.
Hemachandran said the government should not make the police scapegoat for the alleged lapses. He said action should not be initiated against the officials Superintendent of Police V Ajit, Reji Jacob, K S Sudarshan and DySP Jason K Abraham.
Interestingly, he has not mentioned anything about ADGP K Padmakumar and DySP K Harikrishnan. Meanwhile, there are reports of officials of the team planning to hang their boots.