22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
DGP investigating Solar scam takes responsibility of any lapse in probe
Covai Post Network
October 18, 2017
Kottayam: The controversial Solar case investigation team head DGP A Hemachandran has shot out a letter to government owning up the responsibility of any lapses in the probe.
The letter was delivered to Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Subroto Biswas through a special representative. The letter was presented to the DGP Loknath Behera by Hemachandran personally.
Hemachandran said the government should not make the police scapegoat for the alleged lapses. He said action should not be initiated against the officials Superintendent of Police V Ajit, Reji Jacob, K S Sudarshan and DySP Jason K Abraham.
Interestingly, he has not mentioned anything about ADGP K Padmakumar and DySP K Harikrishnan. Meanwhile, there are reports of officials of the team planning to hang their boots.