• Download mobile app
24 Jan 2019, Edition - 1290, Thursday

Trending Now

  • India focusing on promoting domestic defence production: Sitharaman
  • Three terrorists killed in encounter in J&K’s Baramulla
  • It seems BJP doesn’t consider Netaji to be national leader: Mamata Banerjee
  • Working on system for automatic listing of cases in four days, says CJI
  • Didi’s FIRs are blessings, says AmitShah
  • PM NarendraModi to inaugurate Subhash Chandra Bose museum at Red Fort
  • Michel moved ‘unused’ Agusta funds to UK: CBI
  • Prime Minister NarendraModi visits the Yaad-e-Jallian, a museum on Jallianwala Bagh, at Red Fort in Delhi.
  • Ex-Nissan Chief Carlos Ghosn has been in detention since his shocking arrest on November 19
  • Lokpal would have prevented ‘Rafale scam’: Anna Hazare

Kerala News

Dileep seeks deferring of trial in actor abduction case

Covai Post Network

Kottayam: Actor Dileep has sought deferring the beginning of trial of the actor abduction and abuse case slated to begin at a court in Kochi on Wednesday.

Dileep said that he has not received all the relevant evidences connected with the case.

He had moved High Court seeking copy of the video clippings of the victim taken in a moving vehicle in February last year.

The Angamali Magistrate’s court had rejected his plea seeking the clippings.

Dileep is an accused in the case and is on bail after remaining in jail for about three months.

The charges against the accused include gang rape, conspiracy among others.There are 355 witnesses including Dileep’s former wife Manju Warrier, Kavya Madhavan, 413 evidences, and 33 secret depositions.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

COIMBATORE WEATHER