24 Sep 2018, Edition - 1168, Monday
- Govt rejects JPC demand, 10-point justification issued, ‘CAG, CVC looking into matter’
- Flood threat looms over Punjab, CM Amarinder Singh holds high-level meet; schools, colleges shut tomorrow
- Crucial meet on SC/ST act at 4pm today
- J&K: 1 jawan martyred in Tangdhar encounter
- The Bishop was arrested after three days of interrogation on Friday
- EPS-OPS govt invites DMK President MK Stalin, Kanimozhi and TTV Dinakaran for MGR centenary celebrations on 30th Sep
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s bail plea rejected as judicial custody has been extended till October 6th
- Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi visits his LS Constituency Amethi
- 15-year old boy lynched in Tamil Nadu for alleged theft
Dileep seeks deferring of trial in actor abduction case
Covai Post Network
March 12, 2018
Kottayam: Actor Dileep has sought deferring the beginning of trial of the actor abduction and abuse case slated to begin at a court in Kochi on Wednesday.
Dileep said that he has not received all the relevant evidences connected with the case.
He had moved High Court seeking copy of the video clippings of the victim taken in a moving vehicle in February last year.
The Angamali Magistrate’s court had rejected his plea seeking the clippings.
Dileep is an accused in the case and is on bail after remaining in jail for about three months.
The charges against the accused include gang rape, conspiracy among others.There are 355 witnesses including Dileep’s former wife Manju Warrier, Kavya Madhavan, 413 evidences, and 33 secret depositions.