19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Dileep seeks deferring of trial in actor abduction case
Covai Post Network
March 12, 2018
Kottayam: Actor Dileep has sought deferring the beginning of trial of the actor abduction and abuse case slated to begin at a court in Kochi on Wednesday.
Dileep said that he has not received all the relevant evidences connected with the case.
He had moved High Court seeking copy of the video clippings of the victim taken in a moving vehicle in February last year.
The Angamali Magistrate’s court had rejected his plea seeking the clippings.
Dileep is an accused in the case and is on bail after remaining in jail for about three months.
The charges against the accused include gang rape, conspiracy among others.There are 355 witnesses including Dileep’s former wife Manju Warrier, Kavya Madhavan, 413 evidences, and 33 secret depositions.