16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Doctors to be charged for failure to treat accident victim
Covai Post Network
October 19, 2017
Kochi: The police presented a report in Kerala High Court against doctors in connection with the death of daily wage earner Murugan of Nagercoil.
The police said the doctors were liable to be charged under Section 304 of the IPC on grounds of culpable homicide not amounting to murder. Murugan suffered serious injuries when a two-wheeler collided with the one he was riding pillion at Chathannur near Kollam a few weeks ago.
He did not get treatment for about seven hours due to the alleged non-availability of a ventilator and finally succumbed to injuries.