22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Doctors to be charged for failure to treat accident victim
Covai Post Network
October 19, 2017
Kochi: The police presented a report in Kerala High Court against doctors in connection with the death of daily wage earner Murugan of Nagercoil.
The police said the doctors were liable to be charged under Section 304 of the IPC on grounds of culpable homicide not amounting to murder. Murugan suffered serious injuries when a two-wheeler collided with the one he was riding pillion at Chathannur near Kollam a few weeks ago.
He did not get treatment for about seven hours due to the alleged non-availability of a ventilator and finally succumbed to injuries.