23 Apr 2018, Edition - 1014, Monday
- PM Modi is slated to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping during a summit in China’s Wuhan city
- Former UPA Minister Kapil Sibal addresses the media on the impeachment motion, says ‘Dismissal of motion illegal’
- Paris suspect Abdeslam guilty over Brussels shootout: Court
- BJP faces protest in Mysuru as Yeddyurappa’s son denied ticket
- Rahul Gandhi breaks silence on impeachment bid, ‘Judicial Institutions being undermined’
- Actor Salman Khan has filed a petition in the Supreme Court urging it to revoke an FIR filed against him in Rajasthan’s Churu district
- TCS was the top gainer among Nifty50 stocks rising over 4 per cent
- India China Wuhan Summit: PM Modi to visit China later this week, bilateral meet post Doklam standoff
- Ahead of J&K Cabinet reshuffle, J&K BJP Ministers arrive in Delhi to meet Ram Madhav, Jitendra Singh, Netas likely to meet Amit Shah
- Despite a warning from PM, BJP MP Bharat Singh stokes massive row, Neta attacks Christian Missions
Dutch couple falls into sewerage pit in Fort Kochi
Covai Post Network
February 12, 2018
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Kochi: In a shameful incident, a tourist couple from Netherlands fell into a sewerage pit at noted tourism destination of Fort Kochi.The woman tripped first and her husband too fell into it while trying to rescue her.
They were walking enjoying the beauty of the place when the incident occurred on Saturday evening.Some fishermen rushed to their rescue. Finally, A Jamal, people’s committee convener, got into the pit and helped the tourists get out.
The people brought buckets of water to help the tourists clean themselves. The pit is in the midst of the canal carrying waste water to sea.Even as three similar incidents occurred here a few days ago, the Kochi Corporation and tourism department have not bothered to cover the pit.