18 Feb 2018, Edition - 950, Sunday
- UPA-Nirav link gets murkier; Resignation signed off by Former FM P. Chidambaram
- Pune couple becomes grandparents to twins born via surrogacy using dead son’s preserved semen
- Canada is a leading education destination for Indian students
- ‘SC judgement shouldn’t be politicised’, says Kamal Haasan on Cauvery verdict
- Trump administration officials have petitioned the US Supreme Court to take up the case
- Students should forget all the negativity they face during exams, says PM Modi
- Yoga synchronises the mind and the body, it is more than just physical exercise, says PM
- CM Siddaramaiah addresses the Karnataka Assembly after the Cauvery verdict
- PM Narendra Modi to hold ‘Pariksha Par Charcha’ today
- Tribal community in MP bans women from using mobile phones
Dutch couple falls into sewerage pit in Fort Kochi
Covai Post Network
February 12, 2018
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Kochi: In a shameful incident, a tourist couple from Netherlands fell into a sewerage pit at noted tourism destination of Fort Kochi.The woman tripped first and her husband too fell into it while trying to rescue her.
They were walking enjoying the beauty of the place when the incident occurred on Saturday evening.Some fishermen rushed to their rescue. Finally, A Jamal, people’s committee convener, got into the pit and helped the tourists get out.
The people brought buckets of water to help the tourists clean themselves. The pit is in the midst of the canal carrying waste water to sea.Even as three similar incidents occurred here a few days ago, the Kochi Corporation and tourism department have not bothered to cover the pit.