22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Good Samaritan auto driver
Covai Post Network
April 12, 2018
KOCHI: An auto driver restored a purse that he found on the roadside to its owner at Muvattupuzha near here.
The driver, George, who found the purse handed it over the SHO C.Jayakumar of Muvattupuzha station, who traced its owner.
“The purse, containing Rs. 5000 cash and other important papers, belonged to a Mother of a Convent here. She was very happy when we contacted her,” police said.
Both the police and the Mother lauded George for his honesty.