25 Sep 2018, Edition - 1169, Tuesday
- Another big SC verdict tomorrow: Top court to decide if court proceedings should be live streamed
- SC’s Aadhaar judgement tomorrow
- PM Modi unable to answer our questions, says Congress President Rahul Gandhi
- NC accepts Junaid Mattu’s resignation
- National Conference spokesperson Junaid Azim Mattu resigns from party to contest civic polls from Srinagar
- ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ is not only an electoral phrase. It is our way, says PM Modi
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: FIR filed against Missionaries of Jesus for revealing the identity of the victim
- BJP President Amit Shah addresses mega-rally in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Court directs issue of notice in 19 year old murder case against UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- The country won’t be distracted by Rahul Gandhi’s shameless lie: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Law Minister
Governor refuses to sign medical bill
Covai Post Network
April 7, 2018
KOCHI: Kerala Governor Justice P. Sathasivam on Saturday refused to sign the controversial Kerala Professional Colleges (Regularisation of Admission in Medical Colleges) Bill 2018 that was passed by the State Assembly on Wednesday to regularise admissions to two private medical colleges.
A former Chief Justice of India, Justice Sathasivam, returned the bill without signing it citing Governor’s special powers to do so. It is learnt that the Governor was advised by both Health and Law Departments not to sign the Bill following the Supreme Court staying an ordinance related to the same subject matter of the bill.
ALSO READ : https://www.covaipost.com/coimbatore/nia-files-chargesheet-in-sasi-kumar-murder-case/
He was told that the bill would not stand as the Supreme Court had stayed admission of 180 students to two private medical colleges.The Supreme Court had already given a strict warning not to bypass its order.