24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Kannur violence blot in the law and order of State : Governor Sathasivam
Covai Post Network
January 21, 2018
Kochi: Governor P Sathasivam’s concern on the violence in Kannur has put the Left government in a catch 22 situation.
Speaking at a function at Thiruvananthapuram , the Governor had said that the recent violence in Kannur had spoiled the image of the state. The governor said that political parties should sit peacefully to find ways to prevent violence in Kannur.
The state occupied top position in human development index, corruption was low and good law and order situation.
He said the government should organise cultural programmes which encouraged youth to keep away from violence.
Police and Intelligence should work hard to improve cooperation.