23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Kannur violence blot in the law and order of State : Governor Sathasivam
Covai Post Network
January 21, 2018
Kochi: Governor P Sathasivam’s concern on the violence in Kannur has put the Left government in a catch 22 situation.
Speaking at a function at Thiruvananthapuram , the Governor had said that the recent violence in Kannur had spoiled the image of the state. The governor said that political parties should sit peacefully to find ways to prevent violence in Kannur.
The state occupied top position in human development index, corruption was low and good law and order situation.
He said the government should organise cultural programmes which encouraged youth to keep away from violence.
Police and Intelligence should work hard to improve cooperation.