17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Kerala DGP seeks clarification on law advice in solar case
Covai Post Network
October 25, 2017
Kottayam: Kerala Director General of Police Loknath Behera has sought clarification on the advice of law experts in solar scam-accused Sarita Nair’s fresh complaint against the previous Congress-led government and the police.
Sarita had accused the police of biased probe on her complaint of sexual harassment by some Congress leaders.
The complaint was given to Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan who forwarded it to Behera.
The law advice has been sent back for more clarification and to know whether criminal cases could be registered on the basis of her allegations.
If there is a favourable advice, the police will book top politicians. Since the charges are against top leaders, the police are taking all steps to avoid any embarrassment.
Sarita’s complaint comes at the time when the Chief Minister has ordered an investigation headed by DGP Rajesh Dewan.