22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Kerala HC dismisses CPM leader Jayarajan’s plea against UAPA terms in murder case
Covai Post Network
March 15, 2018
Kochi: Kerala High Court today dismissed petitions challenging CBI imposing UAPA provisions against CPM leader P Jayarajan in the murder case of RSS leader Kathiroor Manoj.
Jayarajan and five others had moved the court seeking withdrawal of the Act imposed for the murder of Manoj, 42. Jayarajan is accused number 25 in the case.
Manoj, who was traveling in a van, was waylaid and murdered by a group after pelting bombs to create panic among people in the periphery on September 1, 2014.
Jayarajan was arrested by CBI in February 2016 and got bail in March, 2016.The CBI accused Jayarajan of having political and personal vengeance towards Manoj who was accused of making an attempt on the life of Jayarajan in 1999.