22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Kerala HC stays CBI probe into YC leader Shuhaib murder
Covai Post Network
March 14, 2018
Kochi: Kerala High Court has stayed a CBI probe into the murder of Youth Congress leader Shuhaib at Mattanoor in Kannur in north Kerala.
A division bench stayed the CBI probe after the Kerala Government challenged the decision of the single bench ordering investigation by the central agency.
The CBI probe was ordered by the court while hearing a petition filed by Shuhaib’s parents.The Government is against CBI probe saying the State police had already started the investigation and unless there were any shortcomings in police probe, CBI investigation could not be ordered.