23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Kerala HC stays CBI probe into YC leader Shuhaib murder
Covai Post Network
March 14, 2018
Kochi: Kerala High Court has stayed a CBI probe into the murder of Youth Congress leader Shuhaib at Mattanoor in Kannur in north Kerala.
A division bench stayed the CBI probe after the Kerala Government challenged the decision of the single bench ordering investigation by the central agency.
The CBI probe was ordered by the court while hearing a petition filed by Shuhaib’s parents.The Government is against CBI probe saying the State police had already started the investigation and unless there were any shortcomings in police probe, CBI investigation could not be ordered.