20 Apr 2018, Edition - 1011, Friday
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
- Unnao BJP MLA’s security withdrawn, Kuldeep Sengar’s security revoked, CBI continues to grill Sengar
- Crucial hearing in Purohit case, SC to hear Lt Col Purohit’s plea, plea seeking quashing of UAPA, Purohit wants terrorist tag dropped
- Class 10th students would get an extra 2 marks for the misprint in the CBSE Class 10th English Question Paper.
Kerala seeks Central nod to lower vigilance chief post to AGDP rank
Covai Post Network
February 12, 2018
Kottayam: The Kerala Government has requested the Centre to lower the post of vigilance chief from DGP rank to ADGP.The Government sent a letter to the Union Ministry of Personnel and Public Grievances.
The reason cited was shortage of efficient officials to head the department. It also suggested upgrading fire force director’s post to DGP rank.
According to the norms such recommendations could be made on the basis of the report prepared by cadre review committee which was last held in 2016. Hence, there was all possibility of the Central Government rejecting it.
The matter comes in the wake of controversy over the DGP also holding the post of vigilance chief for longer than prescribed period.