16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Kerala’s solar scam-tainted Sarita gets licence for energy unit in Madurai, sets up paper plant in Thakkala
Covai Post Network
November 4, 2017
Kottayam: After burning her fingers in solar power plans in Kerala, controversial entrepreneur Sarita S Nair is has decided to test waters in Tamil Nadu.Sarita, facing charges of duping investors in her company Team Solar, has started a paper product plant at Thakkala in Kanyakumari district. The unit is engaged in producing paper plates, cups and bags.It also has a showroom on the Thakkal-Nagercoil road at Kollanvilla.
Bags are made by women employed from the local area, while plates and cups are made by machines.She also has plans to set up projects in Nagercoil and Kanyakumari.
Sarita has also got a contract to operate a solar power unit of a North Indian company at Aruppukotai in Madurai. Capital investment for the project is being made by the North Indian firm.