22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Kerala’s solar scam-tainted Sarita gets licence for energy unit in Madurai, sets up paper plant in Thakkala
Covai Post Network
November 4, 2017
Kottayam: After burning her fingers in solar power plans in Kerala, controversial entrepreneur Sarita S Nair is has decided to test waters in Tamil Nadu.Sarita, facing charges of duping investors in her company Team Solar, has started a paper product plant at Thakkala in Kanyakumari district. The unit is engaged in producing paper plates, cups and bags.It also has a showroom on the Thakkal-Nagercoil road at Kollanvilla.
Bags are made by women employed from the local area, while plates and cups are made by machines.She also has plans to set up projects in Nagercoil and Kanyakumari.
Sarita has also got a contract to operate a solar power unit of a North Indian company at Aruppukotai in Madurai. Capital investment for the project is being made by the North Indian firm.