18 Jul 2018, Edition - 1100, Wednesday
- Boys rescued from Thailand cave discharged from the hospital
- Cong wants ‘no trust’ motion deferred, doesn’t want debate on Friday
- Kerala Government backs women’s entry in Sabarimala temple
- Sealing, demolition of unauthorized constructions in Delhi will not stop: Supreme Court
- JUST IN: Lok Sabha speaker accepts Congress’ no-confidence motion against BJP govt
- TDP MPs raise ‘ we want justice’ slogans in the house
- Another person has been arrested by Kerala Police in connection SFI activist Abhimanyu murder case
- U.P: Under construction building in Greater Noida’s Shahberi village collapses, 3 dead.
- Tharoor made the statement while addressing a party event in Thiruvananthapuram
Kochi Metro inks pact for operating 15,000 autos
Covai Post Network
January 24, 2018
Kochi: In a first of its kind, Kochi Metro Rail Ltd (KMRL) has introduced a system to operate 15,000 autorickshaws for the benefit of the travellers.
An agreement to operate feeder services to ferry metro passengers to different locations was inked with the association of autorickshaws drivers.Three hundred auto drivers have been trained for this.
Online booking of these autos will be introduced soon. There are also plans to introduce electric autos.
The agreement was signed between district Collector Mohammad Y Safirullah, who is a director of KMRL, and auto diriver association leaders.