18 Jul 2018, Edition - 1100, Wednesday
- Sealing, demolition of unauthorized constructions in Delhi will not stop: Supreme Court
- JUST IN: Lok Sabha speaker accepts Congress’ no-confidence motion against BJP govt
- TDP MPs raise ‘ we want justice’ slogans in the house
- Another person has been arrested by Kerala Police in connection SFI activist Abhimanyu murder case
- U.P: Under construction building in Greater Noida’s Shahberi village collapses, 3 dead.
- Tharoor made the statement while addressing a party event in Thiruvananthapuram
KSRTC pension dues to be paid by Wednesday, protest ends
Covai Post Network
February 9, 2018
Kottayam: Kerala State Road Transport Corporation pensioners ended their protest after the Government decided to clear their pension dues by Wednesday.
The Government decision was announced by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan after a high-level talk with stakeholders.
A consortium of cooperative banks has been set up to facilitate payment of pension every month. A total of RS 261 crore is required to settle the arrears.
KSRTC would be paying the pension. The government would provide financial assistance to form a pension fund considering the poor financial condition of the corporation.