22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
One-dayer to be held in Thiruvananthapuram
Covai Post Network
March 22, 2018
Kochi: The row over the venue for the India-West Indies one-dayer venue ended with a tentative decision taken to hold it at Sports Hub Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram on November 1.
Kerala Cricket Association announced the decision after getting direction from the State Government in this regard, KCA secretary Jayesh George told reporters.
The event was originally scheduled to be held in Thiruvananthapuram. It was the KCA which shifted it to Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium at Kaloor here.
This had kicked up controversy as football lovers embarked on a Twitter campaign against it.A final decision would be taken at the general body meeting of KCA which was worried over losing cricket events forever, George said.