22 May 2018, Edition - 1043, Tuesday
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
SC refuses to annul Hadiya’s marriage
Covai Post Network
January 23, 2018
Palakkad: The Supreme Court today refused to annul Hadiya’s marriage to Shefin Jahan.
It said the marriage and the NIA probe into Shefin’s alleged linked with Islamic radicals were two different issues.
The court, however, asked Hadiya to present in writing her stand on the marriage. The next hearing is on February 22. Kerala High Court had annulled the marriage while hearing a petition filed by her father.
Born into a Hindu family in Vaikom in Kottayam, Hadiya had embraced Islam while studying at Salem. She later married Shefin after seeing the proposal in a matrimonial site.