19 Feb 2018, Edition - 951, Monday
- Karnataka Congress MLA N A Haris’s son, who thrashed youth at pub, surrenders
- Kamal Haasan’s party launch on Feb 21.
- Shocking hit and run case reported from Jaipur, Rajasthan. 1 person dead and 1 injured.
- Congress VIP’s brat surrenders; Cops could not arrest him, now surrender orchestrated.
- CBI sealed PNB Brady branch house; No entry or exit for officials. Ground report by Aruneel
- BJP MP booked for land grabbing; accused of assaulting land owner
- UPA-Nirav link gets murkier; Resignation signed off by Former FM P. Chidambaram
SC refuses to annul Hadiya’s marriage
Covai Post Network
January 23, 2018
Palakkad: The Supreme Court today refused to annul Hadiya’s marriage to Shefin Jahan.
It said the marriage and the NIA probe into Shefin’s alleged linked with Islamic radicals were two different issues.
The court, however, asked Hadiya to present in writing her stand on the marriage. The next hearing is on February 22. Kerala High Court had annulled the marriage while hearing a petition filed by her father.
Born into a Hindu family in Vaikom in Kottayam, Hadiya had embraced Islam while studying at Salem. She later married Shefin after seeing the proposal in a matrimonial site.