16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Small screen actor Tanuja arrested for stealing 35 sovereigns of gold ornaments
Covai Post Network
October 18, 2017
Kottayam: A 24-year-old serial actor Tanuja was arrested at Thalassery near Kozhikkode for stealing 35 sovereign gold ornaments from her employer in Bengaluru. The arrest was made through a meticulous joint operation by Karnataka and Kerala Police.
The gold ornaments have been recovered from different banks where she had mortgaged them to raise money, police said.
She was employed by a native of Kerala working in Karnataka government service in August. The accused quit the job and left the house. Soon the employer found the gold missing from home.
The matter was reported to the police who tried to trace the accused on phone and the address given by her. But all details were found to be fictitious.
Later, the police zeroed in on a person in the neighborhood who was in love with her. Through him they found out that she was in Kannur. Later, Kerala police managed to spot an autorickshaw driver who was close to her. Through him the police reached her. She was produced in a court in Bengaluru and remanded.