22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Small screen actor Tanuja arrested for stealing 35 sovereigns of gold ornaments
Covai Post Network
October 18, 2017
Kottayam: A 24-year-old serial actor Tanuja was arrested at Thalassery near Kozhikkode for stealing 35 sovereign gold ornaments from her employer in Bengaluru. The arrest was made through a meticulous joint operation by Karnataka and Kerala Police.
The gold ornaments have been recovered from different banks where she had mortgaged them to raise money, police said.
She was employed by a native of Kerala working in Karnataka government service in August. The accused quit the job and left the house. Soon the employer found the gold missing from home.
The matter was reported to the police who tried to trace the accused on phone and the address given by her. But all details were found to be fictitious.
Later, the police zeroed in on a person in the neighborhood who was in love with her. Through him they found out that she was in Kannur. Later, Kerala police managed to spot an autorickshaw driver who was close to her. Through him the police reached her. She was produced in a court in Bengaluru and remanded.