16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Student suicide: medical care delayed, say police
Covai Post Network
October 24, 2017
Kottayam: In another case of alleged negligence, medical attention to the Grade X student who jumped from her school building in Kollam was delayed by a few hours, police said.
Gauri was taken to a hospital under the school management where she was attended to after about three hours, according to hospital records. The girl was in a condition to speak when she was in the hospital.
She was not subjected to detailed scanning. The hospital sources informed her parents about head injuries about one and half hours after she was admitted.
She was later taken to Ananthapuri hospital where she died on Monday.She took the extreme step after she was scolded by her teachers for going to her younger sister Meera’s class to question some students who had bullied her.