22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Student suicide: medical care delayed, say police
Covai Post Network
October 24, 2017
Kottayam: In another case of alleged negligence, medical attention to the Grade X student who jumped from her school building in Kollam was delayed by a few hours, police said.
Gauri was taken to a hospital under the school management where she was attended to after about three hours, according to hospital records. The girl was in a condition to speak when she was in the hospital.
She was not subjected to detailed scanning. The hospital sources informed her parents about head injuries about one and half hours after she was admitted.
She was later taken to Ananthapuri hospital where she died on Monday.She took the extreme step after she was scolded by her teachers for going to her younger sister Meera’s class to question some students who had bullied her.