22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Thomas Chandy to move SC, claims ministerial berth to be kept for NCP
Covai Post Network
November 15, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Kochi: Thomas Chandy, who submitted his resignation as Transport Minister of Kerala today has blamed the CPI for baying for his blood, and asserted that he would be reinstated if proved innocent by the Supreme Court.
Chandy said he would file a petition in the apex court, seeking to quash the report of Alappuzha Collector indicting him for encroaching lake.
Chandy said he had got assurance from the Chief Minister that he would be reinstated if the observations made by Kerala High Court were expunged by the Supreme Court.
He said the Chief Minister had assured him to keep the seat vacant for his party Nationalist Congress Party.