16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Trip organised at Munnar to see flower that blossoms once in a year
Covai Post Network
October 22, 2017
Kottayam: Tourfed is organising a three day trip to Munnar to help tourists see Neelakurinji flowers that blossoms once in 12 years.
The outfit operated by the Cooperative Department is planning to start the programme from December 26.
The total cost of the programme is Rs 3,890 which includes boarding and lodging.
The two night two day programme will take tourists to Echo point, Rock garden, Blossom Garden, Mattupetty farm, Eravikulam National park, and Aanamudi.
Neelakurinji (Strobilanthes Kunthianus) are purplish blue flowers found in the western ghats in South India.