25 Sep 2018, Edition - 1169, Tuesday
- Another big SC verdict tomorrow: Top court to decide if court proceedings should be live streamed
- SC’s Aadhaar judgement tomorrow
- PM Modi unable to answer our questions, says Congress President Rahul Gandhi
- NC accepts Junaid Mattu’s resignation
- National Conference spokesperson Junaid Azim Mattu resigns from party to contest civic polls from Srinagar
- ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ is not only an electoral phrase. It is our way, says PM Modi
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: FIR filed against Missionaries of Jesus for revealing the identity of the victim
- BJP President Amit Shah addresses mega-rally in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Court directs issue of notice in 19 year old murder case against UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- The country won’t be distracted by Rahul Gandhi’s shameless lie: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Law Minister
Unfazed by hartal, Antony reaches party office in two-wheeler
Covai Post Network
April 9, 2018
KOCHI: Former Defence Minister and three-time Chief Minister A.K. Antony rode in a two-wheeler in Thiruvananthapuram on Monday to reach the party office as most of the vehicles stayed off the roads following a hartal called by some Dalit outfits.
Antony reached the KPCC office at Vellayambalam from is house in Vazhuthakad in a bullet to express solidarity with the hartal.
Addressing the gathering, the former Chief Minister flayed the Centre fro its ‘anti-Dalit’ stance. Flaying Prime Minister for ignoring the interest of the Dalits, Antony said all the BJP-ruled States were against the welfare of the backward community.
He also criticised the arrest of Dalit leaders in the State that triggered the protest.