22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Unfazed by hartal, Antony reaches party office in two-wheeler
Covai Post Network
April 9, 2018
KOCHI: Former Defence Minister and three-time Chief Minister A.K. Antony rode in a two-wheeler in Thiruvananthapuram on Monday to reach the party office as most of the vehicles stayed off the roads following a hartal called by some Dalit outfits.
Antony reached the KPCC office at Vellayambalam from is house in Vazhuthakad in a bullet to express solidarity with the hartal.
Addressing the gathering, the former Chief Minister flayed the Centre fro its ‘anti-Dalit’ stance. Flaying Prime Minister for ignoring the interest of the Dalits, Antony said all the BJP-ruled States were against the welfare of the backward community.
He also criticised the arrest of Dalit leaders in the State that triggered the protest.