16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Unfazed by hartal, Antony reaches party office in two-wheeler
Covai Post Network
April 9, 2018
KOCHI: Former Defence Minister and three-time Chief Minister A.K. Antony rode in a two-wheeler in Thiruvananthapuram on Monday to reach the party office as most of the vehicles stayed off the roads following a hartal called by some Dalit outfits.
Antony reached the KPCC office at Vellayambalam from is house in Vazhuthakad in a bullet to express solidarity with the hartal.
Addressing the gathering, the former Chief Minister flayed the Centre fro its ‘anti-Dalit’ stance. Flaying Prime Minister for ignoring the interest of the Dalits, Antony said all the BJP-ruled States were against the welfare of the backward community.
He also criticised the arrest of Dalit leaders in the State that triggered the protest.