16 Jul 2018, Edition - 1098, Monday
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra govt over suicide by almost 700 farmers in the state
- Terrorists opened fire upon a police post guarding the house of NC leader at Murran Pulwama, 1 cop martyred, 2 guards injured
- Major Aditya Case: J&K authorities refuse to quash FIR, wants all states involved
- Petrol becomes cheaper by 11 Paise, Diesel by 14
- NIA Court sends Asiya Andrabi and two others for 30 days judicial custody
- Even doing ‘Puja’ has become difficult here, says PM Modi in Midnapore
- J&K: Infiltration bid foiled in Kupwara as 1 terrorist was gunned down while 2 army men were injured in the firing
- Income tax raids at SPK Company and Expressway Private Limited in Chennai as major tax evasion is being suspected
- Bombay HC is set to begin hearing on Col Purohit’s discharge plea in the 2008 Malegaon blast
- SC refuses to stay Centre’s notification introducing pictorial representation on tobacco-related packets
Water taxi service to be made available for Alappuzha, Ernakulam soon
Covai Post Network
October 20, 2017
Kochi: As part of revamping water transport connectivity from Kottayam to different places, the Kerala State Water Transport Department is planning to do away with the worn out motor boats.
The old boats will be replaced within a year with water taxis and air-conditioned boats. The department is also planning water taxi services for Alappuzha and Ernakulam districts. Aimed at attracting tourists, fibre boats with a capacity to ferry 10 persons would be introduced. Taxi service will be available on call, sources said.
Two air-conditioned boats will be introduced in the Kottayam- Alappuzha and Vaikkom – Ernakulam routes in a couple of months. Solar boat service introduced in these routes has turned out to be lucrative.