20 Apr 2018, Edition - 1011, Friday
- 2G Case: Delhi HC notice to Essar group, others, seeks response on CBI’s plea challenging acquittal
- Sources: DMK non-committal on CJI impeachment, DMK says no graft charge against CJI
- Maya Kodnani has been acquitted in the Naroda Patiya case by the Gujarat High Court
- Report incriminates lawmakers, BJP leads, Shiv Sena and TMC follow, Report suggest that 48 MPs face rape charges
- Big day in Naroda Patiya case, Gujarat HC to pronounce verdict
- Ahead of Karnataka elections, complaint registered against Sanjay Patil, BJP MLA booked for inciting hate, polarising votes
- Unnao BJP MLA’s security withdrawn, Kuldeep Sengar’s security revoked, CBI continues to grill Sengar
- Crucial hearing in Purohit case, SC to hear Lt Col Purohit’s plea, plea seeking quashing of UAPA, Purohit wants terrorist tag dropped
- Class 10th students would get an extra 2 marks for the misprint in the CBSE Class 10th English Question Paper.
Whistleblower DGP Jacob Thomas pleaded with PMO for foreign posting
Covai Post Network
February 10, 2018
Kottayam: Suspended whistleblower DGP Jacob Thomas has appealed to the Prime Minister to post him overseas as he was facing threat to his life.
The letter was handed over to the Prime Minister’s Principal Secretary Nripendra Misra on February 27 last year.In the letter he had expressed fear in investigating against popular political leaders in the State.
Jacob Thomas was vigilance chief and was probing 22 sensitive cases against leaders like former Chief Minister Oommen Chandy then.The accused, who were very powerful, were posing threat to his life, he said.
But, there was no response to his letter.