21 Feb 2018, Edition - 953, Wednesday
- Actor Kamal Haasan launches new political party “Makkal Needhi Maiyam”
- Major Political entry Actor kamalhaasan will be announcing his political party a short while from now.
- Karnataka Congress MLA Byrathi Basavaraj’s aides slap traffic policeman
- SC sends message to fringe, stay on FIR against Priya Varrier.
- Former Pakistan cricketer’s son commits suicide over non-selection in U-19 team
- Cost effective ISRO: India’s Chandrayaan-2 said to be cheaper than Hollywood’s Interstellar
- State government denied permission to Kamal Haasan to visit A. P. J. Abdul Kalam school
- Big development in PNB fraud case, CBI arrests PNB’s Rajesh Jindal.
- Adviser to Delhi CM, VK Jain detained by Delhi Police
Whistleblower DGP Jacob Thomas pleaded with PMO for foreign posting
Covai Post Network
February 10, 2018
Kottayam: Suspended whistleblower DGP Jacob Thomas has appealed to the Prime Minister to post him overseas as he was facing threat to his life.
The letter was handed over to the Prime Minister’s Principal Secretary Nripendra Misra on February 27 last year.In the letter he had expressed fear in investigating against popular political leaders in the State.
Jacob Thomas was vigilance chief and was probing 22 sensitive cases against leaders like former Chief Minister Oommen Chandy then.The accused, who were very powerful, were posing threat to his life, he said.
But, there was no response to his letter.