15 Jul 2018, Edition - 1097, Sunday
- Congress takes a jibe at PM Modi after former Pak PM Nawaz Sharif was arrested last night
- Another person succumbs to potholes in Mumbai as 27-year old dies after his bike skid through a pothole in Navi Mumbai
- State of J&K says FIR against Major Aditya was justified as the next hearing on his case is on Monday
- Congress MP Shashi Tharoor summoned by Kolkata Court over his ‘Hindu-Pak’ comment
- PM Modi will lay the foundation stone for the 340-km long Purvanchal Expressway in Azamgarh
- Twelve Russian intelligence officers were charged on Friday with hacking Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign
Woman threatens to kill self in front of Kerala Secretariat
Covai Post Network
April 7, 2018
Kochi: A woman threatened to commit suicide in front of the Secretariat in Thiruvananthapuram this morning.
A native of Padiyoor in Kannur, Veena climbed a tree and shouted that she was going to end her life. Soon police and fire and rescue personnel reached the place and struggled to bring her down.
She said she would not come down unless police cases registered against her in Kannur were withdrawn.The charges include creating violence in the police station in Kannur in 2014.
Police failed to persuade her and bring her down. Finally, fire and rescue personnel brought her down using force.