22 Apr 2018, Edition - 1013, Sunday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Woman threatens to kill self in front of Kerala Secretariat
Covai Post Network
April 7, 2018
Kochi: A woman threatened to commit suicide in front of the Secretariat in Thiruvananthapuram this morning.
A native of Padiyoor in Kannur, Veena climbed a tree and shouted that she was going to end her life. Soon police and fire and rescue personnel reached the place and struggled to bring her down.
She said she would not come down unless police cases registered against her in Kannur were withdrawn.The charges include creating violence in the police station in Kannur in 2014.
Police failed to persuade her and bring her down. Finally, fire and rescue personnel brought her down using force.