21 Apr 2018, Edition - 1012, Saturday
- The IMF in the latest World Economic Outlook (WEO) has projected India to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 and 7.8 per cent in 2019
- The proposal demanded death penalty to those raping a child of below 12 years of rape
- ‘If you can rape then you can’t be a juvenile, I am in favour of this’, says Subramanian Swamy, MP, BJP on PM’s cabinet meeting agenda
- Mattis has welcomed Japan’s plan to review its National Defence Program Guidelines by year end
- EXCLUSIVE: Massive protest by Dalit group, thousands protest over the dilution of SC/ST Act, blocks T.N-Karnataka highway
- 1993 Bombay blast accused’s Parole rejected, Abu Salem’s Parole rejected by jail authorities, Abu Salem sought Parole to get married
Hire cycle back in Ooty
Covai Post Network
February 9, 2018
‘Hire cycle’ where people would take cycle on hire on hourly basis is back in Udhagamandalam.
The scheme, which was prominent everywhere in the seventies and eighties, slowly vanished as people started using more two-wheelers or hired auto rickshaws.
However, things have changed now. With large number of tourists thronging the district – and most of them being cycling enthusiasts – the concept has come up again, thanks to a private organisation.