22 Mar 2018, Edition - 982, Thursday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
SIFCC lodges complaint on H Raja for watching pirated version of Mersal
Covai Post Network
October 23, 2017
Chennai : The South India Film Chamber of Commerce (SIFCC) on Monday has lodged a complaint with the Prime Minister’s Office against BJP National Executive Member H Raja for allegedly watching the pirated version of Vijay starrer “Mersal” on the internet.
“As per the law, he (Raja) is liable to be prosecuted for the offence committed under the Tamil Nadu Video Piracy Act. We have already made a complaint to the grievances cell of PMO directly, which has been acknowledged”, SIFCC said in a statement.
SIFCC also claimed that it has written letters to Union Broadcasting Minister Smriti Irani requesting her to take suitable action against Raja for violating the Piracy Act.
Raja had told in television interviews that he watched the Vijay-starrer “Mersal” online. The film was facing flak from the BJP leaders like Tamil Nadu unit President Tamizhisai
Soundararajan, Raja and Union Minister Pon Radhakrishnan over factually incorrect dialogues on GST and demonitisation.