20 Mar 2018, Edition - 980, Tuesday
- PM Narendra Modi condoles death of 39 Indians
- President Ram Nath Kovind condoles the death of 39 Indians
- Google is now working with both Unity and Cocos in order to provide IDE support for the Instant Apps feature
- BJP knows how to do politics over death, says MP Jyotiraditya Scindia
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has said that Congress’ behavior in Lok Sabha has crossed all the limits
- JNU professor Atul Johri detained after charges of sexual misconduct were filed against him
- J&K: Encounter underway in Kupwara as 3 terrorists are holed up
- Rajya Sabha Chairman M. Venkaiah Naidu cancels official dinner for MPs on March 21 because of the impasse in the house
- The government must apologise to families, says Congress leader Randeep Surjewala
- MP Jyotiraditya Scindia responds to the criticism he faced by EAM Sushma Swaraj over allegedly disrupting the Lok Sabha
Bus strike ends; passengers heave a sigh of relief
Covai Post Network
January 11, 2018
The transport workers strike that crippled bus services across the Tamil Nadu for the past eight days was called off on Thursday night. In what can easily be termed a real Pongal gift, the trade unions ended the strike.
The bus operators called off the strike after the Madras High Court ordered the trade unions to end the strike and join duties immediately. The CITU leaders announced that the bus services would resume from Friday morning.
The Madras High Court had came down heavily on the striking workers but also directed the state government to disburse the arrears as soon as possible.