23 Sep 2018, Edition - 1167, Sunday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
DMK to participate in Bharat Bandh on Sep 10
September 8, 2018
Chennai: DMK President M.K. Stalin on Friday said his party will actively participate in the Bharat Bandh called by the Congress on September 10 against the oil price hike.
In a statement issued here, Stalin said the central government led by the Bharatiya Janata Party was interested on increasing the excise duty on the oil whenever the crude prices went down globally.
He said the Centre was not interested in passing on the benefits of the lower crude prices to the people. It is not doing anything to halt the rupee slide against the dollar or to control the oil prices which is marching towards Rs 100 per litre, he added.
SOURCE : http://www.bfirst.in/category/nation/dmk-to-participate-in-bharat-bandh-on-sep-10-514089