23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Guv unfurls tri-colour at R-Day parade
Covai Post Network
January 26, 2018
Chennai: Tamil Nadu celebrated the 69th Republic Day with patriotic fervour on Friday with Governor Banwarilal Purohit unfurling the national flag at the Marina Beach.
He took the salute from the three wings of the armed forces and other security agencies.
Chief Minister K Palaniswami and ministers and a large number of people were present for the function where various floats and dances were performed by school students.
Across districts, Collectors unfurled the national flag and took salute from police contingents.